Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Big 12 Championship Game

In the quest to fill you in on our lives, we are on to March...

My husband has two major loves in life: college basketball and Baylor. (Well, more than that if you include me and God and working out and mint chocolate chip ice cream, but keep with me here.) So, you can imagine the excitement in our house when Baylor actually started winning during the Big 12 Tournament this year. We first beat a couple of teams and it was like "yay, that's neat", but then we beat Texas (which hasn't happened in years) and we were in the Championship Game! Now, we went to every game this season (which is way more than I ever went to when I actually attended Baylor as a student) so we thought, why not go to one more? Keane and Laura were watching that game with us and we were all so excited that we bought tickets online moments after the game. Oh, I forgot to mention that meant a six hour drive to Oklahoma City the next day...

But that's ok, the in-laws wanted to go too, so Glenn got us an SUV and we took a little family road trip with all four Gilmores plus two! Here's a little shot of me and Laura doing a sic 'em with the bear paws!

We tried to get the BU in the shot and whoever took the photo was brilliant since they got the CU in there as well :) Apparently I didn't take any photos after the game since we lost and we were a little bummed....

1 comment:

  1. aw, yayyy I made the blog! :) that was such a fun trip

    ReplyDelete