Tuesday, February 2, 2010

kids these days...

I have a confession. You know all of those New Year's resolutions I made...write more...read more...send gifts...learn photoshop...knit and crochet more...make an adventure...

Well, Greg and I have definitely made an adventure...through the eight worlds of Super Mario.

We're not finished yet. The eighth world is pretty hard and there are levels that that we want to unlock in the past worlds. But here's my question - and the point of the post - how the heck did kids unlock Mario worlds? Nowadays, kids have it so easy. All they have to do is google (there it is again) something and they get the answer. Which I did today. I wanted to know how to get to the cannons. I have a new found respect for the dominators of the original Mario. You figured it out on your own. You knew that if the game wasn't working, just blow into it and magically it worked again.

My favorite game on the original Nintendo was definitely Excite Bike. Just ask Greg. I can mimic the sound perfectly. However, thanks to my brother, I was not allowed to play very often. But that's ok, now he's wonderful, gives me pep talks during the day and video chats with me on gmail at work sometimes. I love technology. and I love you brother. and sister too. I love you too.

3 comments:

  1. The post is an example of why you're one of my favorite people in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, this made me miss excite bike. nate said that was his favorite too : ) haha

    ReplyDelete