Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Texas Heat

Just so you all know what has been going on lately, here's a timeline:

April - Texas starts to get warm and I love being outside. I start running and run a 5k in 28 minutes. My brother and sister talk me into signing up for a half marathon in October in San Francisco.

May 1st - All of those beautiful trees and flowers start to make nose itch...and then my throat starts to itch...then my head starts to hurt...and my nose won't stop running...and I cough ALL day long...and the allergy medicine plus cold medicine makes me want to fall asleep at my desk.

May 5th - Then Texas decides that 95 degrees is a better temperature and I am now not only sick, but cranky. I have no desire to leave air conditioning and that makes it awfully hard to train my body to go from zero miles-a-day to 13.1 miles in 22 weeks.

I have now pushed all of my pants and long sleeve shirts to the back of my closet so that skirts and dresses will be all that I wear. I'm also thinking really hard about running in the mornings. Ladies and gentlemen, that would mean I would have to wake up early. I can't even wake up on time, let alone early.

All this to say, I am kind of cranky, but I went to the grocery store the other day, bought a bottle of wine and lots of beautiful fruit that's in season. The wine really helped the crankiness and then I think God was really trying to tell me that I need to suck it up and enjoy life, because this is what I found when cutting the watermelon:



How cool is that?!

For those of you who actually read through that post to get to the photo, (which will not be my brother) thanks for coming back to the blog after such a long time away :)

2 comments:

  1. Why are you the only person that finds fun shapes in your food? I'm jealous...and I miss you!

    I'm in Waco until Sunday night...will be studying forever because I have a test on Monday...but call and come by sometime while I'm here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Meg! I have also been running...not sure if I like it yet :)Love you much

    ReplyDelete